Collaborative Leadership Group: A local nonprofit whose mission is to empower and equip other nonprofits and small businesses to fulfill their maximum potential in order to meet and exceed their mission. Supporting and growing our community right now!
Collaborative Leadership Group is a selected group of nonprofit professionals with over 20 years of experience, working together to help smaller nonprofits that cannot necessarily afford consulting services from typical firms.
We are true believers in giving back, which in turn makes our community a stronger and more vibrant place to live, work and, of course, play in.
Meet Collaborative Leadership Group:
Howard Lucy brings over 45 years of executive level experience to the table. He strategically weaves together the worlds of business, nonprofits and faith-based organizations.
- Over 20 years in providing strategic planning, operations management and leadership development in the faith-based community
- Over 25 years experience at a Fortune 500 company holding several executive level positions
- 10 years in volunteer management and empowerment
- Over 10 years of faith-based leadership within the church setting
- 4 years of consulting services focusing in areas of Supply Chain Management, Business Process Management and Senior and Operations Management
He currently works with Youth For Christ as a Regional Director. Howard provides strategic planning, operations management and leadership development guidance and direction throughout the United States. He also brings his expertise to the national level in leadership development.
Howard is known for his strategic insight, using investigative analysis to get to the root of complex issues. He gently yet effectively challenges the status-quo and blanket assumptions in order for others to assess and develop potential options and pathways to solutions. His specialty areas include strategic planning, board development and education, operations management as well as leadership development.
Howard has a degrees in Biblical Counseling and Business Management. He has studied at University of Pennsylvania and Dartmouth University.
Beth Lucy-Speidel brings over 15 years of experience to the table ranging from case management, administration and executive leadership. Some of the highlights of her career include:
- Led the organization to the first fiscal year ending with a surplus in 2011 by orchestrating a cost/expense analysis plan resulting in $140k reduction in expenses over a three-year period.;
- Coordinated the first strategic plan, which resulted in improved curriculum design, effectiveness, delivery, and evaluation proving Return on Investment;
- Developed a multi-faceted funding strategy, which tripled funds through special events, increased donor development (45%) and increased grants (54%);
- Researched and launched the first legal audit, which resulted in updated policies and procedures and appropriate insurance coverage, resulting in significant savings;
- Developed and implemented a leadership development track for management.
Beth serves as Executive Director for Human Resource Leadership Awards of Greater Washington DC on behalf of Marymount University. In this capacity she is leading an all-volunteer committee of diverse and high-ranking professionals within the greater DC human resource community promoting and advancing the human resource profession. Lastly she partners with Eastern University as an Adjunct Professor, teaching areas include Strategic Management and Human Resources.
Beth graduated from the SUNY Empire State College with a Bachelor of Science in Disability Studies and Advocacy and she earned a Master of Science in Nonprofit Management from Eastern University. She is pursuing a second Masters in Human Resource Management from Marymount University.
She is considered a change-agent, strategic thinker focused on disciplined execution.
Beth’s Keynote at Eastern University congratulating graduate students and welcoming incoming students | Fall 2010. Apologies for the poor quality of the picture.